Kohlberg Digi-Block Mathematics
Digi-Block has just released the first two volumes of the new book series, Kohlberg’s Digi-Block Mathematics. Why are we so excited about KDBM? It is Digi-Block’s most comprehensive teaching guide for number sense, place value and operations. Other benefits of KDBM…
- Only blocks are needed! While number lines, place value mats and digit-flip cards are utilized in many lessons, paper versions from given templates can be used if these Digi-Block materials are not available. Counters are not used in these lessons; however, they enhance many lessons if your classroom has them available.
- Five minute prep time! Lessons were designed with clearly written step-by-step directions and to require minimal teacher prep.
- Based on the Digi-Block teaching method and progresses sequentially through number and operations! KDBM can replace or supplement the number and operations strand of the regular classroom curriculum.
- Lists the objectives of each lesson in the table of contents to provide seamless integration.
- over 50 lessons with worksheets in each volume
- additional worksheets for reinforcing important concepts are provided
- additional supporting web lessons will be added throughout the year
Increase student confidence. Increase the joy of learning. Increase results.
Use KDBM two to five times a week and your students will gain the depth of understanding the base-ten number system that will make the difference in their math careers for years to come.
Kohlberg’s Digi-Block Mathematics Pre-K – K
The first volume is appropriate for young children first beginning with Digi-Block in either Pre-Kindergarten or Kindergarten. It emphasizes beginning counting skills and exploring with the blocks. Other skills in this volume include:
- Count, Recognize and Quantify Numbers to 20
- Order and Compare
- Simple Addition and Subtraction
Kindergarten classrooms with students who quickly master these counting skills can move on to the K-1 volume, where children gain skills through the Digi-Block method that allow them to soar beyond expectations. The Pre-K-K Table of Contents can be downloaded to see the lessons and objectives.
Item no. 230-0751
Kohlberg’s Digi-Block Mathematics K -1
KDBM K-1 begins with introducing Digi-Block trains. Digi-Block trains make it possible to teach children how to count while simultaneously teaching place value. This distinction can profoundly affect a child’s understanding of number, greatly improving their arithmetic comprehension every step of the way through algebra and beyond. See All About Trains for more information about regarding the power of Digi-Block trains.
Skills covered in Volume two include:
- Counting beyond 100
- The Pattern of the Base-Ten Count
- Skip Counting
- Addition Facts
- Multiple Representations
- Addition and Subtraction of Two-Digit Numbers with and without Regrouping (yes, Digi-Block makes this possible in K and Grade 1!)
- Writing Two- and Three-Digit Numbers
- Ordering and Comparing
KDBM K – 1 is appropriate for Kindergartens who have mastered the numbers to 20 skills of the Pre-K-K edition and for Grade 1 classrooms that did not begin or reach beyond the halfway point of this volume in Kindergarten. It is also worthwhile for Grade 2 and 3 students who are struggling with number concepts to learn again how to count using these lessons. The K-1 Table of Contents can be downloaded to see the lessons and objectives.